We invite you to participate in the many professional development opportunities available. Attend a vast selection of informative workshops, be present at one of our site visits or arrange a speaker to come to your centre. Whatever your training interests you can find something here.
Are you looking for New Screening Tools? Using the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) Tools and Making Meaning of the Scores
Standards of Practice:
I Caring and Nurturing Relationships that Support Learning
II Developmentally Appropriate Care and Education
IV: Professional Knowledge and Competence
1. Early child development sets the foundation for lifelong behaviour and health.
2. Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the ability of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children.
6. Knowledgeable, responsive educators are essential.
Administering and Interpreting the Ages and Stages Developmental Screens (ASQ-3 & ASQ:SE2)
Research has demonstrated that early identification and intervention is crucial to increasing the likelihood of positive outcomes for children identified as having a developmental delay. This session will provide an overview and introduction to the Ages and Stages Questionnaires-3rd Edition. Participants will learn how to screen for delays in the developmental areas of communication, gross motor, fine motor, problem solving, and personal social. Participants will also learn about the advantages of involving parents in the assessment process including cost-effectiveness and improved accuracy of assessment due to their ability to observe their child across a variety of domains.
- Understand the importance of early developmental screening for infants and young children
- Learn how to effectively administer the Ages and Stages Questionnaires 3
- Learn how to score and interpret the results of the Ages and Stages Questionnaires when completed
- Use the results in any type of programming that is created for the child and families with which they work.
*Please note the training costs do not include the costs of any ASQ materials (Toolkits, User Guide, Quick Start Guides, Material Kits, etc.). It is the responsibility of the agency to have this tool available for staff.
Dr. Chaya Kulkarni, Director, Infant Mental Health Promotion, The Hospital for Sick Children
55 John St
How to make a payment...
After submitting your online registration you will receive an electronic form confirming your registration. Payment information is also on this form. (Be sure to enter your email address correctly upon registration or this form will not get to you.)
Next, send a copy of your confirmation of registration form in with your payment to ensure payment is applied to your name/agency.
VISA & MASTERCARD payments can be faxed to: 416-675-2015 attention: Anna Patola or Amy Azzopardi. DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION VIA EMAIL. Declined payments will be subject to a $30 service fee.
Payment by business cheque can be mailed to:Humber College Child Care Centres
205 Humber College Blvd.
Please note: we do not accept personal cheques.
(Dont forget to attach a copy of your registration confirmation form.)